The Omani ecomony has been on a steady transformation course through development plans, beginning with the first 5-year
plan (1976-1980). On instructions from His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said, Vision 2020, a plan for Oman’s economic future
up to the year 2020 was created. Vision 2020 details the Sultanate’s economic and social goals, these include:
- Economic and financial stability.
- Reshaping the role of government in the economy and broadening private sector participation.
- Diversifying the economic base and sources of national income.
- Globalization of the Omani ecomony.
- Upgrading the skills of the Omani workforce and developing human resources.